DigitalCity Stockton: satellite animateur ITQ
Please find below an invite to quote for a vacancy that has arisen within DigitalCity Business.
DigitalCity Business has historically been part financed by the European Union and the European Regional Development Fund, and is currently applying for funding from this source for the 2012-15 period. We expect to receive confirmation of this funding later this summer. In the meantime, and to expedite project ramp up, DCB is conducting a procurement exercise for a number of services, including this invite to quote. Applicants should be aware that the contract on offer is subject to this funding being confirmed, and all application work is done at the applicant’s own risk.
It would now like to invite quotes for the role of animateur for the Stockton Satellite, which will involve extensive working in Stockton, with additional work at Boho One, Middlesbrough.
The post is being offered as a freelance contract up to the 31st March 2013: it anticipated it will require a commitment of approximately two days a week, irregular hours, and evening and weekend work to support activities being driven by the satellite initiative.
Key activities will be -
• Acting as the satellite’s ‘animateur’ or ‘evangelist’ to drive take-up and engagement with the satellite initiative by digital media, digital technology and creative businesses in the borough
• Promoting the DigitalCity culture of openness, networks, cooperation and collaboration
• Being DigitalCity’s ‘eyes and ears’ to help ensure the satellite initiative is responsive and alert to needs, developments and feedback in order to deliver as effectively and efficiently as possible
• Helping to organise satellite events, surgeries and workshops
• Driving the take-up of DigitalCity’s products and services, including the all-important Business Snapshot Reporting system
• Contributing to the ongoing development of all of DCB’s products and services
The animateur needs these key abilities -
• Excellent organisational skills
• Excellent person-to-person skills
• Knowledge or practical experience of cluster development activity, especially in the digital and creative area [knowledge of DigitalCity would be an advantage]
• Personal business experience in the digital and creative sectors
• Ability to work independently, including setting and meeting deadlines
• The ability to fit in with a hard-working, results-focused DCB team
The successful candidate will most likely have either a degree in an appropriate field, or equivalent experience.
The total value of the contract will not exceed £20,000, with the animateur being engaged on an ‘as needed by DCB’ basis: applicants will be required as part of the application to state one day-rate, which must accommodate both work during normal and out-of-office working hours.
If you wish to apply for this role please send –
• Your CV, together with -
• A short explanation as to why you would be ideal for the role. It should be no more than two sides A4, single spaced, 10pt type, and be in either .doc, .docx or .pdf form
• One clearly stated day rate for your work
• Confirmation that this day rate takes into account the requirement to work during normal and out-of-office working hours, including evenings and weekends
Your proposals must be submitted by email to the email address shown below.
Please ensure the subject line of the email returning the quotation includes the quotation reference number QTLE-8VVB76. Without this number the e-quotations system will not accept the quotation.
The closing date for submissions is 12 noon, 20th July 2012.
If you require any further information prior to submitting your proposal please contact Alison Newlove at DigitalCity Business [firstname.lastname@example.org].